frequently asked questions
What exactly is included for $99?
- For $99, I will set up a simple, one-page website in Weebly. Additional pages can be added for just $20 each. The content will consist of text and images, plus a menu page or blog page if desired. If you find any problems on your website during the first 30 days, I'll fix them for free.
- I have used other programs to create websites, such as WordPress and Strikingly, but I find Weebly to be the best one for small businesses to use. Here's a good article if you want to compare Weebly and WordPress.
Can I use my own domain? (For example, www.ReadySetGoWebsiteDesign.com instead of ReadySetGoWebsiteDesign.Weebly.com)
- Absolutely! Weebly charges $60 per year to use your own domain (domain hosting is an additional $20 per year, but usually waived for the first year). For $120 per year, they will remove Weebly branding from your website (it's in the footer) and give you advanced site statistics. (I recommend getting Google Analytics...I can set that up for you for an additional $20.) The basic Weebly websites with Weebly in the domain name are free. For more information about Weebly's pricing plans, click here.
If I change my mind later and want a WordPress site, can I transfer it?
- Yes. I've not done this personally, but I did research it to answer this question. There are programs that will help you copy the code into WordPress. Unfortunately, this isn't something I can help you with at this time, but I'm sure a WordPress programmer could. For me, Weebly provides all I need in an easy-to-use program so I'm sticking with it for now.
How can I make changes to my website?
- Once your website has been finished, you have 30 days of free support to have me make minor changes and fix any problems. One of the reasons I use Weebly is that I want you to not be beholden to someone if you need to make changes. With Weebly, you'll be able to make many changes yourself. If you ever need to fully update your website, I'll do it for $20 per page. If you have a blog, I'll show you how easy it is to create new posts so you can do them on your own.
What special features can I have on my website?
- Your website can have a blog page, embedded YouTube videos, contact forms, a Google map, files that can be downloaded, and social icons (Facebook, Instagram, etc.). You can also have buttons and links that take you to other pages on your website or on the web.
Can I have a product/store page?
- You can, but it will be more than $99. Let's talk about how extensive you want your product page to be and we can figure out a reasonable price.