If you hire me or anyone else to help you with the way Google works with your website, you don't want to give out your password. Instead, you want to add me as a User on your account.
To set up Google Analytics and add me as a user, follow these instructions:
1. Visit: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/ and click on Start for Free.
2. If you don't have an account yet, you'll need to create an account. Choose Create an Account and then select Business account. You don't have to use a Gmail email address. You can use your business email. You'll just need to verify your email and your phone number. If you already have a Google account for your business, just sign in.
3. Once you've set up or logged into your account, you'll see the Welcome to Google Analytics screen. Click Set Up for Free.
4. Make the Account name the name of your business or website, then scroll down and click on Next (I just leave all the boxes checked).
5. Under What do you want to measure, leave Web checked and scroll down to select Next.
6. For Website Name, enter the name of your website.
7. For Website URL, select https:// from the drop-down (assuming you have a secure site...otherwise leave http://) then enter your website address.
8. Select your Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone (where your business is located) and click Create.
9. Accept the Terms of Service (bonus points if you actually read them).
Now your Google Analytics tracking ID will be displayed. I have mine crossed out for security purposes.
NOTE: If you're working on your own website, this is where you'll grab the tracking ID to copy onto your website.
10. Click on that little arrow that I circled in red above. That will take you to a screen that looks like this:
11. Under the first column, click on Account User Management.
12. Enter my email address (or whomever you're making a User) and check all the boxes, then click Add in the upper right corner.
That's it! I will get an email letting me know you've set it up, but just in case, send me an email or text and let me know that it is on the way.
Ready Set Go Website Design was created as a way to make beautiful websites available to small businesses at a reasonable price.
Ready Set Go Website Design